At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Materials Development Group within the Corporate Research Center of TE Connectivity, located in Fremont, California is seeking applications for a summer intern. TE Connectivity is the home of well-known brands of electric and electronic components for various applications including automotive, aerospace, medical devices, sensors, etc. The Materials Development Group develops new high-performance materials such as sealants and adhesives, polymer composites, and functional liquid inks/pastes, as well as their relevant processes such as extrusion, injection molding, and printing for use throughout TE's many business sectors. The applicant will perform hands-on work in a lab environment, assisting in materials formulation and materials characterization for TE's products.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up's Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE's Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about
* Support ongoing R&D projects in development of novel functional materials, specifically in the area of sealants, adhesives, and/or elastomers
* Assist in formulation development
* Assist in the chemical and mechanical analysis of new polymeric material formulations
* Conduct literature search, document experimental data, generate technical reports, and present results at group meetings
This position is located at our Freemont, CA site.
* Pursuing a Ph.D., preferably in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field of study
* Strong knowledge in polymer chemistry and polymer composites
* Strong knowledge of chemical and material characterization such as FTIR, NMR, SEM/EDS, MS, DSC, TGA, Instron, and rheology
* Has a good fundamental understanding of polymer structure-property relationships, and polymer interactions with additives
* Highly self-motivated individual able to learn quickly and work independently in the lab
* Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment
* Demonstrated ability to define a problem, and develop multiple approaches to obtain a successful solution
* Ability to deliver given tasks on time and work efficiently within a team environment
* Good written and oral communication skills
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on , , and .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets