Field Engineer Intern Summer 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry. We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of.
We are accepting applications for a 2022 Summer Internship Program in our California Buildings district located in Southern California.
As an Intern/Co-op student you will be given similar responsibilities as a full-time, entry-level Field Engineer, so you are able to experience what a career will be like in project management, field supervision, pre-construction, or estimating. You will be assigned to a project and project team that matches your knowledge and experience and you will be involved in several aspects of the project. We will designate a mentor for you who will be available to you for the duration of internship/co-op. You will also have the opportunity to participate in company events and community volunteer opportunities.
You will contribute to our team by:
- Assisting Field Engineers, Project Engineers, Project Managers, Superintendents, and/or Estimators
- Conducting safety audits and quality audits
- Reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Logging submittals and processing RFI's
- Assisting with surveying and project layout
- Maintaining and updating field drawings, field equipment and records
- Assisting with coordinating subcontractors, vendors, and field staff
- Attending relevant project meetings
- Preparing memos, letters, meeting minutes, contracts, and other forms and documents
- Assisting with project documentation requirements
- Assisting with estimating and soliciting subcontractors and/or suppliers for information and pricing
- Performing other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the role:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a degree relevant to the construction industry such as Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Concrete Industry Management, etc.
- A desire to pursue a career as a Project Manager, Superintendent, Safety Professional, or Estimator, working on buildings projects
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older and possess a valid Driver's License
- Willing to work and live in the Southern California area
- Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test conducted by a third party
- This is an hourly non-exempt position
- Must be able to navigate through a construction site on a daily basis, climb ladders and stairs Must be able to work around and near heavy equipment, cranes, and other construction equipment
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in. Together, we can build success and a better future.
Let's get started!
Student or New Grad
PCL Construction Services, Inc.
United States-California-Los Angeles
Sep 25, 2021, 9:25:28 PM