If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 408-496-2834 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. Intevac Website:
Intevac was founded in 1991 and has two businesses: Thin-film Equipment and Photonics.
In our Thin-film Equipment business, we are a leader in the design and development of high-productivity, thin-film processing systems. Our production-proven platforms are designed for high-volume manufacturing of substrates with precise thin film properties, such as the hard drive media, display cover panel, and solar photovoltaic markets we serve currently.
In our Photonics business, we are a recognized leading developer of advanced high-sensitivity digital sensors, cameras and systems that primarily serve the defense industry. We are the provider of integrated digital imaging systems for most U.S. military night vision programs.
- Develop control software for complex electrical/mechanical subsystems including motion systems, power and vacuum systems, interfacing to electrical circuit boards, controllers
- Develop high level system software including GUI, tool sequencing, state machines
- Work within a standard software development framework process such as design, implementation, alpha/beta testing and checkin
- Work closely with other disciplines especially electrical and system engineering
- Travel to customers as needed
- Working towards BS Computer Science or Electrical
- Programming Coursework in Data Structures, one or more high Level Languages (C++/Java), Computer Architecture, Algorithms
- Knowledge of general software design practices such as design patterns, software debugging/troubleshooting methods
- Interest in working closely with hardware systems
- Willing to take on new tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Good communication skills
- Coursework in control theory, Basic circuit theory, Digital design, Networking, Machine learning
- Senior Project, or internship experience with software-based controls of hardware system (motors, sensors, vision, valves, touch display, or/any combination)