Here at VTG, we employ people to build the most innovative technology to protect National Security. If you want to help build next generation systems, then we have an opportunity for you in Port Hueneme, California to support the lifecycle sustainment of the Technical Insertion 16 (TI-16) equipment for the US Navy.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Computer hardware and software engineers' research, design, develop, and test computer hardware and software programs. Hardware refers to computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and related equipment such as keyboards, modems, and printers.
- Computer software engineers develop the software systems that control computers.
- Computer hardware engineers work exclusively with computers and computer-related equipment.
- In addition to design and development duties, computer hardware engineers supervise the manufacturing and installation of computers and computer-related equipment.
- Computer software engineers develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications.
- Computer software engineers apply the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that enable computers to perform their many applications.
- Software engineers analyze users' needs and design, construct, test, and maintain computer applications software or systems.
- Computer software engineers can be involved in the design and development of many types of software, including software for operating systems and network distribution, and compilers, which convert programs for execution on a computer.
- They also solve technical problems that arise. Software engineers must possess strong programming skills, but are more concerned with developing algorithms and analyzing and solving programming problems than with actually writing code.
- The programming languages most often used are C, C++, and Java, with Fortran and COBOL used less commonly.
- Master's level degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science.
- 7 years of professional experience in computer design, software development or computer networks.
Secret clearance, strongly preferred
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.