Stanley Consultants is looking for a Construction Inspector with previous heavy civil, bridge and roadway construction experience for projects located in Eastern Iowa. This individual will manage all project documentation for multiple projects according to City of Cedar Rapids, US Army Corps of Engineers, and Iowa Department of Transportation standards. For IA DOT projects documentation will be done utilizing IADOT’s program management software. This may require travel between multiple project locations periodically. Additional duties include performing daily on-site inspection of the construction work compared to the project’s plans and specifications as needed.
- Ability to track the status of documents, document requests and maintain an active log for multiple projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain tracking spreadsheets in MS Excel.
- Attention to detail is essential in preparing request forms and transmittals per client specifications.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills with project team and client.
- Coordinate status of Project Deliverables including change order requests, Contractor pay estimates, daily and weekly reports, quantity book, etc.
- Be prepared for and successfully pass Federal audits of project files in a manner that reflects the high standards that Stanley Consultants adheres to.
- Maintain project submittal logs.
- Document Control - Track, distribute and file project documents (Internal, in-coming and out-going)
- Sending of documents to external destinations.
- Opening/Closing Projects.
- Inspect and document Contractor operations on a daily basis as needed or directed by the project Resident Engineer.
- Other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in Construction Management and a minimum of 4 years of experience in transportation construction management.
- Experience performing field and office engineering duties for the Iowa Department of Transportation strongly preferred.
- Excellent visualization, communication and documentation skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet) and an individual capable of performing in an unsupervised capacity. A general knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specs is mandatory.
- Successful completion of Certified Technician Training (AGG/HMA/PCC/Soils/Prestress) a plus.
- Completed training in Drilled Shaft Inspection, Fieldbook, Structures Inspection, Work Zone Safety, HMA/PCC Paving Inspection preferred.
- Aptitude to act as a positive representative of the Stanley Consultants, Inc. core values and an active participation in an outside professional organization or internal Stanley committees (i.e., Group Safety Committee, MAC, etc.).
- Dependent upon project specific requirements and Client requests, this position may require an individual with specific expertise in sub elements of construction. Some examples, although not exhaustive are: Flood Control Structures, Traffic Control (ATSSA), Material Testing (Soils, Concrete), Structural Welding, Landscaping, Roadway Lighting, Water, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer, Piling, Roadway Pavement & Bridge Construction.
- Quality Control
- On time, on budget performance
- Client Satisfaction
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
Physical Demands: The position requires the ability to work at and easily maneuver around construction sites in various weather conditions, lift and transport up to 50 lbs., and possibly climb ladders, scaffolding, trenches etc. Fear of heights or confined spaces could create a significant hardship.
Other: Work hours of this position are not defined and will vary week to week as we are required to work at all times that the Contractor is on-site performing substantial work activities.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.