Stanley Consultants is seeking a Planner/Programmer to support the 354th Civil Engineer Squadron in the Project Planning and Programming Section at Eielson AFB in Alaska. The position will include identifying project requirements, parametric cost estimating, and developing DD1391 programming documents to compete for funding. Work will also require coordination with using organizations, base agencies, and higher headquarters to advocate for resources. Experience in performing Air Force project programming and asset management is desired.
Description of the project includes:
The main objective of the project is to provide on-site Architect-Engineering (A-E) Services to support the establishment and development of program and project requirements and sustaining of infrastructure programs, including documentation to support funding and execution, at Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska.
- Plan, organize, communicate and coordinate project planning and programming engagements.
- Develop short-term and long-range plan of action to achieve compliance with the proposed mission, including regulatory requirements to satisfy initiatives necessary to acquire the authority and/or resources to accomplish the Eielson AFB programming mission.
- Develop, present, and publish the installation and headquarters/command level planning, programming and budgeting submissions in support of the military’s force structure, associated installation programs and related projects.
- Update the Air Force’s current system of record (TRIRIGA). The overall program is expected to include both MILCON and Facility Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (FSRM) funded projects.
- Prepare and maintain budget justification documents for coordination through higher headquarters.
- Track and report comprehensive project programming status including siting, approvals, permitting, programming, and requirements development.
- Conduct facility assessments and meet with user groups/stakeholders, including Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and contractor representatives, to determine facility requirements.
- Develop Programming Documents (DD 1391) utilizing appropriate Air Force Instructions (AFI), Air Force Manuals (AFMAN), DoD Instructions, and AFCEC guidance.
- Develop project cost estimates to include a narrative of the basis of the estimate and all cost assumptions.
- Meet with Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and contractor representatives as necessary during the term of a project/program development.
The qualifications of the candidates should include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in A/E design and construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management or a Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Associate’s degree in an engineering field AND 10 years of working in Air Force Civil Engineer Shops (minimum Level 7 qualifications).
- Experience in programming MILCON and FSRM projects, particularly with Air Force is highly desirable.
- Experience with cost estimating tools, such as PACES, MCACES, and RS Means.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. We focus on energy, water, transportation, and the environment. We bring global knowledge, over a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients. Throughout its history, Stanley Consultants' success has been a result of its member expertise, flexibility, and willingness to "go where our clients need us." Therefore, we are proud to have performed work in all 50 states, U.S. territories, and in 103 countries. Collaborating across the company, we field the best team to serve our clients.