Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. We focus on transportation, energy, water, and the environment. We bring global knowledge, over a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients. Throughout its history, Stanley Consultants' success has been a result of its members’ expertise, flexibility, and willingness to "go where our clients need us." Therefore, we are proud to have performed work in all 50 states, U.S. territories, and in over 105 countries. Collaborating across the company, we field the best team to serve our clients.
We are seeking a Traffic Engineer for our Traffic Engineering and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) practices in our West Palm Beach office. The successful candidate will enjoy: developing technical solutions, fostering close client and staff relationships; providing creative approaches to project development; and maintaining a personal dedication to serving client needs.
Essential duties include:
- Serve, as required, as the Project Manager, Project Lead, or Task Lead in the development of traffic studies, traffic design plans and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) infrastructure, construction sequencing, and traffic control plans.
- Provide technical assistance and quality control oversight on traffic engineering studies and design projects managed by other project managers and task leads.
- Provide traffic engineering support to the local and national ITS practice area.
- Assist with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships. Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
Background requirements include:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering; Master of Science in Civil Engineering preferred, but not required
- Requires at least 8+ years of relevant experience in traffic engineering, transportation planning, and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with SYNCHRO, HCS, and other traffic capacity and analysis software
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, VISSIM, CORSIM, or other advanced software packages preferred
The following Experience is desired:
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Capacity software and Level of Service Analysis
- Design Concept Reports, Corridor Studies, and Preliminary Traffic Reports
- Safety Studies and Intersection Improvement Studies
- Evaluation of Alternative Design Concepts
- Complete Streets, Bicycle and Pedestrian improvements studies
- Transportation Planning
- Signal timing and coordination plans
- Signal Design
- ITS Infrastructure Design
- Roadway Lighting Design
- Signing and Pavement Marking Design
- Construction Sequencing and Traffic Control Design
- Preparation of Project Specifications and Estimates
- Complete Streets, Bicycle and Pedestrian improvements design
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.