We are currently seeking a Principal Transportation Engineer for our Denver office (located in Centennial, CO). The successful candidate will be well versed in transportation and/or traffic engineering design and possess project management experience with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and local agencies in the Denver metro area. Through your understanding of transportation design and public client operations, goals and value drivers, you will successfully link the company’s capabilities to meet our Colorado clients’ needs and provide leadership in the areas of procuring and delivering transportation projects. By collaborating with fellow members and partners, you will achieve client satisfaction and quality standards that result in valuable client relationships, positive name recognition, and repeat work.
In this position, you will provide engineering and project management expertise on highway projects including roadway studies and design, preliminary and final design, preparation of construction documents, cost estimates, project scheduling, and overall project management. Must be able to work effectively and communicate regularly with municipal clients; federal, state and local agencies. Transportation Design Project Manager expertise with CDOT is a must. Prior experience with a consulting engineering organization and a proven track record of successful transportation project development and design is necessary. This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers; assisting in transportation market business development; and participating in professional organizations and technical committees.
As a Principal Transportation Engineer you will:
- Provide department status, performance and forecasts to the Department Manager on a regular basis
- Evaluate client needs and identify requirements
- Prepare and modify reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates, and designs for projects
- Attend onsite and offsite client meetings
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual
- Serve as Project Manager on projects
- Participate in project scoping, fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations
- Collaborate on work procedures/sequences and developing schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings
- Form project teams and ensure that responsibilities are assigned, and the execution of tasks are complete according to schedule
- Meet with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion
- Understand and support the corporate strategy, business direction, and growth and profitability objectives. Align business development activities accordingly to achieve business goals.
- Develop internal relationships to support the success of Stanley Consultants. Promote an environment of collaboration, accountability, and high performance within the proposal and project teams.
- Track regulatory, market, and industry activity to understand and communicate its implications on the client’s business. Use information to identify new business opportunities with existing clients and to actively pursue new, strategically significant clients.
Background Requirements Include:
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience; with at least 5 years of experience at the Project Manager level
- Colorado Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- Must have experience with CDOT design methods, plan preparation, standards and specifications
- Established relationships with key clients, including CDOT and front range municipalities
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large multi-disciplined projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison skills
- Working knowledge of roadway design software used to prepare engineering and design documents would be a plus
- Experienced in and fully capable of using the Microsoft Office software suite
- Experienced in preparing technical approaches and work plans (write ups) to support RFQ’s and technical proposals
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.